In this article
How can a solicitor help during the probate process?
Our probate solicitors can offer legal advice on:
- A will and what it means
- Any codicil – this is a document that the deceased wrote to make additions or changes to the original will
- How to pass the estate to children that are under the age of 18
- If there is any money or property left in trust
- If there is property or land owned in a foreign jurisdiction (i.e. France, Germany, Australia etc)
- If the person who died owned a business or shares in the business
- If there are any disputes regarding the will
It is important to remember that the legal fees can be paid out of the estate and will ensure that things are done properly and fairly. The full administration service, for a typical estate is approximately £3,950 plus VAT.