In this article
- Hitting with hands or objects
- Slapping and punching
- Burning and scalding
- Biting and scratching
- Breaking bones
Neglect is when a child’s basic needs are persistently not met by their parent or guardian.
These basic needs include:
- Adequate food, clothing and shelter.
- Protection against both physical and emotional harm or danger.
- A good amount of supervision. For example, not leaving the child home alone.
- Providing a child with access to appropriate medical care. For instance, dental treatment.