In this article
What is flashing?
Flashing is the informal term for indecent exposure. Specifically, it refers directly to the revealing of genitals and emphasises the speed of the act.
- Prior convictions
- On bail
- Involving a person under the age of 18
- Preventing witnesses from reporting
- Premeditated or targeted act
- No prior convictions
- Co-operative with police and/or court
- Not in the interest of the public to convict
What is specific intent?
Specific intent refers to an offence that requires initial intention to satisfy a conviction. Indecent exposure is an example of this, alongside murder or arson.