WillsThe danger of not having a professionally-formed, watertight document can mean your wishes are not respected. For anything to do with wills – yours or those of others, get in touch with Britton and Time Solicitors. FIND OUT MORE
Writing a proper will doesn’t have to be a minefield of complicated and confusing jargon. We’re here to take you through the ins-and-outs of the process in simple, readable terms, so you can make sure you get it right. No matter your circumstances your wishes should be respected. We can make sure that happens.
Regardless of how much or little you have, your will makes sure everything of yours (money, possessions and property – known collectively as your ‘estate’) ends up in the right hands.
Having a will can help reduce the amount of inheritance tax that has to be taken off your estate, meaning you’re able to leave more behind for the people that matter to you most.
If you have financial dependents (children or family that rely on you for money), having a will is especially important. If you want to leave anything to someone outside your immediate family, a will is the safest way to make sure that happens.
If you’re not married or in a civil partnership when you die your partner is not legally entitled to anything, unless there’s a watertight will stating otherwise.
For help or advice on any of the following areas, get in touch:
- Making a will
- Estate accounts
- Inheritance tax
- Administration of estates
- Collection of assets
- Paying bills
- Dealing with financial institutions
- Lasting powers of attorney
- Business disputes
Why use Britton and Time Solicitors to write your will?
You will save everyone you leave behind a huge amount of stress, because the contents will be written absolutely according to the law. This means no loopholes that might create opportunities for anyone not mentioned in the will and wanting to claim any part of your estate. In short your wishes are far more likely to be respected.
Consult Britton and Time Solicitors today if any of the following apply:
- You have property or assets abroad
- You run your own business
- Your family situation is not straightforward
- You will owe inheritance tax (which applies to estates worth over £325,000, or £650,000 if you’re a married couple or in a civil partnership)
Reasons to use Britton and Time Solicitors to write your will:
- We are regulated, so if something goes wrong you can make a complaint. If this doesn’t work you are then legally allowed to speak to the ombudsman, who has to address your problem.
- We are trained in sorting out the complications, so there are far less likely to be mistakes. Even the smallest mistake can mean your will isn’t valid and your wishes won’t be respected.
- We will store the original copy of your will in a fire-proof safe, at no cost to you.
How it works when Britton and Time Solicitors writes your will
- Your costs will be explained upfront before you start.
- We will go through all your options and help you make the right choices about your will.
- We will write and check your will according to your exact instructions.
- The whole process is confidential and we will have your best interests at heart throughout.
What does it mean to use Britton and Time Solicitors as executor?
This means when the will is being read, we will make sure everything happens the way you want.
Whatever your situation get in touch today for a professional, cost-effective way forward.
Talk to us
Our intial consultation is free so you can
explain your matter in comfort and confidence