What is an ID1 form?

An ID1 form is the method used by the Land Registry to identify an individual. It provides the Land Registry with evidence of identity that satisfies the Land Registry of your existence and that you are a real person.
Providing false information is an offence and you will commit an offence under section 1 of the Fraud Act 2006. The punishment can be a maximum of 10 years’ imprisonment or a fine that is unlimited and in some cases both.

What is an ID2 form?

This is for a corporate body that wishes to prove its existence in the same way as an individual would on an ID1 form. The same process applies.

Who can help you with an ID1 or ID2?

You can have your identity verified by a Britton and Time Solicitor. HM Land Registry do not charge a fee because it is information that they require. Britton and Time Solicitors charges £90 + VAT to undertake the work.

What documents shall I bring to my appointment?

Britton and Time Solicitors must see one of the following:

  1. Current valid full passport or,
  2. Current United Kingdom, EU, Isle of Man, Channel Islands photocard driving licence or,
  3. Current Biometric Residence Permit issued by the UK Home Office to a non-UK national resident in the UK

You must also bring two of the following documents:

  1. Credit card bearing the Mastercard or Visa logo, an American Express or Diners Club card, or a debit or multi-function card bearing the Maestro or Visa logo which was issued in the United Kingdom and is supported by an original account statement less than three months
  2. Utility bill less than three months old
  3. Council tax bill for the current year
  4. Council rent book showing the rent paid for the last three months
  5. Mortgage statement for the mortgage accounting year just ended
  6. Current firearm or shotgun certificate

For a corporation:

UK company

  • an original company search in respect of the corporation which is dated within the last three months and which confirms that the corporation has not been dissolved; AND
  • evidence of the individual’s authority to represent the corporation.

UK corporation (other than company)

  • evidence that the corporation still exists and of his/her authority to represent the corporation in connection with this application.

Non-UK company or corporation

  • evidence that the corporation (if a transferor, landlord, borrower or lender) is one and the same as the registered owner or estate owner; AND
  • evidence of the individual’s authority to represent the corporation.

In all cases you must bring a photograph of individual or the individual representing the corporation

ID1 and ID2 forms are used for the following transactions:

  1. persons who are party to one of the below transactions who is not represented by a conveyancer
  2. form DS3 – release of a charge
  3. leases surrenders
  4. transfers (whether for value)
  5. leases (whether for value) that are going to be registered
  6. deeds and transfers relating to the retirement or appointment of trustees
  7. form DS1 – discharge of a charge
  8. mortgages (charges) that are to be registered
  9. compulsory and most voluntary applications for first registration where the title deeds have been destroyed or lost
  10. all other applications for compulsory registration (first)

Form ID2 is also used for a corporate body that is changing their address.

If you need to book an appointment, then contact us on the contact page or call (01273) 726951.